Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hot Spanish chorizo and leek pasta

I have not been posting any blogs the last few days. I made some good food, but none of them seem WOW enough for me to want to put on the blog. But today, Andrew made me this pasta that blew me away. It was a pretty blue day, and he blew the blues off with this pasta. Of late, we have been into experimenting cooking with leeks. I did make a pretty good leek, tuna and feta cheese pasta a few weeks ago, but I am not putting it into the blog till I next make it.

Today is about Andrew's SUPER YUMMY pasta. As those who love chilli will understand, this has a great "kick" to it. Not for faint hearted, for this is HOT. I took my 1st bite, it was yummy. It was so hot, my tongue burnt, but I just wanted to go on eating. My tongue is still burning now, 2 hours after dinner, a hot chamomile tea and a hot milo. No regrets:-)

The trick I have learnt about good pasta is that once the sauce and ingredients are cooked, it is best just to toss and mix the pasta in the sauce, with the heat OFF. That way, pasta doesnt get overcooked.

Serves two.
Pasta (chitarra) for two.
2 chorizo sausages, sliced.
1 leek, sliced.
2 cloves of garlic crushed, 2 cloves sliced.
1 or 2 small chillies, as hot as you dare.
2 large mushrooms, coarsely chopped.
Half cup of white wine.
Handful of grated cheese, a soft mild cheddar or havarti.

Cook pasta and set aside.
Heat a little olive oil in pan.
Add sliced chorizo and crushed garlic, fry over medium heat until chorizo cooked.
Add sliced leek and fry until leek separates and softens.
Add mushrooms, sliced chilli, sliced garlic, cook until mushroom softens.
Add salt and pepper as desired, then turn up the heat and deglaze pan with white wine.
Turn off heat, add cheese and mix in then add pasta, mix together well and serve

Bon Appetit!

No comments: